Monday, June 20, 2011

Doing Laundry - Underwear/Socks

Many light packers talk about packing only one or two pairs of underwear/socks, and washing one set while wearing another. In order to keep out of the hotel maid's way, the underwear/socks are of the "dry overnight" variety. Here are things that often go wrong with that (from experience):

- Absolutely nowhere clean to hang laundry/laundry line
- Traveling with friends and/or embarrassed
- Too exhausted to do laundry upon return
- Stayed out too late, laundry's not going to be dry by the time the maid comes around
- Checking out early the next morning
- Not willing to fork out the change for specialized underwear
- "Dry overnight" underwear and socks found to be uncomfortable
- Accidents happen

Personally, for trips 1 week or longer, I still find myself packing 6 pairs of each, and keeping an eye out for laundry facilities when searching for accommodations.

We'll see if I change my mind as I pack and weigh for my upcoming trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment